11/13/10

Shopping Trip to Ten Thousand Villages

Our shopping trip to Ten Thousand Villages in Pasadena was really wonderful.  We enjoyed browsing through all the  unique handmade gifts, jewelry, home decor, art and sculpture. textiles, serveware and personal accessories representing the diverse cultures of artisans in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East.  I got all my Christmas shopping done!  And got a few very special items for myself including a singing bowl like the ones I admired when I was in Nepal that makes a really beautiful ringing sound, and a hand made bird house from Lao.
http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/
We also enjoyed a wonderful brunch at Lamills Coffee in Silver Lake.  It was a very unique coffee experience and we can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment